Friday, December 17, 2010

Kevin's Pinning Ceremony!

Kevin finally finished nursing school! I am so proud of him. It is amazing to see how much he has grown! When he first started the nursing program, he was a blank page. Now when I hear him talk, it is amazing how much he knows! Sometimes when he tries to explain things to me, we can't help but laugh because we both know that I haven't the slightest clue what he is talking about! I think he does it on purpose! That little dog!
It was funny because I went up to pin him during the ceremony and I got so nervous. I was terrified that I was going to trip while going up or down the stairs. How ridiculous right? One of the teachers hands you a bouquet of flowers after your pinned and Kev handed them to Ava. The whole crowd in unison went "aaaawwww".....sigh....these people. They love this kind of stuff. :) Anyways, it was a beautiful ceremony.
Kevin's mom came up to join us and then afterward, there was a DELICIOUS luncheon. Side note: Kevin is such a nerd. Every time I would pick him up from the hospital, I would ask, "...so did anything exciting happen today?" His response would always be a one word answer....No. Almost every time I would ask him that, later on during the day, he would tell me these crazy, insane things that would happen while he was at the hospital. I mean...the boy had so many stories! One day I asked him..."why is it that every time I ask you if something exciting happened at the hospital, you always say NO and then later on you tell me these crazy stories that happened while you were there?!" His response? "I don't know...I guess I just forget." Shocker....Kevin forgetting something as crazy as that. In his defense, I guess when you get so used to seeing things like that, they aren't as memorable. Sigh...sweet Kevin.

Now its on to a Masters program or even more schooling! Kevin is leaning towards a Nurse Practitioner program, and I am still crossing my fingers that he chooses a Nurse Anesthetist program. Great job Kev!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you! Rachel, blogging? Who would have thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hush! It can't be that unexpected! I gave into peer pressure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! I didn't realize he was doing a nursing program-- that's totally awesome!! I bet there's lots of good programs out here in IL.... :) :) ha ha Your family is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete