Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can't believe Ava is in Primary!

I can't believe that I have a child in Primary now! It's amazing to me! I am getting old! She isn't in nursery at church anymore. It's really great though because I could tell she was outgrowing that class. She hated going to it and she was the oldest one there. We woke up on Sunday and dressed her extra cute for her first day in the "big kid class". Of course you can't tell that she was extra cute because her crazy curly hair was frizzed up as soon as she started running her fingers through it and she took off her cute sweater and threw it on the floor. We bought her her own Book of Mormon and she sleeps with it now. So cute. She just likes to look at the pictures. Her teacher is super nice and brings her all these funny things-like after church one Sunday, I went to pick her up from class and she was wearing this big fuzzy crown on her head and another Sunday she came out with this Costco size bag of candy hearts! So random but sweet of her teacher. She looks forward to her Sunbeam class every Sunday. It is the sweetest thing to hear what she learns. One day we were driving to Walmart and Ava randomly says to me "Mom, Jesus died so that we could be happy". I'm pretty sure that I almost started CRYING when she said that. She also pulled another "random" on me while we were driving and said, "Mom, we're a family" which I never really said to her before. I know that she listens at church. It makes me happy to know that she is learning that she is special and that she is a beautiful daughter of God.

2 comments:

  1. The things they pick up are amazing! What a sweet little girl :) :) Both of your girls are so beautiful, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Crazy that she is in Primary; she is getting so old! I miss you guys and wish I could have come up when you were just in Rexburg. I'm glad your having such a happy life with your adorable family:) I miss your smiling face. You better still be showing your girls my picture everyday!!Love you!!

    ReplyDelete