Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Reunited and it feeels so good!"

Kevin and I decided that since we hardly ever get to go to California to see my family, it was time to fly home! The only thing is we kind of decided to buy our plane tickets last minute since our original plan was to drive. The only flight that we found that was reasonably priced for a family of 4 was SO EARLY in the MORNING. Our kids were beyond tired and so were we. I pretty much wanted to punch myself in the face and I'm sure that the people on our early morning flight wanted to do the same thing.
We flew into San Fransisco where we met up with our fabulous friends who we met up in Spokane, WA. We had been waiting for this day to come and we were finally able to have our long awaited sleepover (although we didn't have bunk-beds)!!!! We had such a good time with them just hanging out. We ate clam chowder, checked out the local scene and relaxed with our buddies. After we had had enough, we all squished in the van that they borrowed from their neighbor. I was lucky enough to sit in between Ava and Houston and my oh my was that fun!

All they wanted to do was hold hands! They are good buddies! I kind of felt like the 3rd wheel by the end of the drive!

We definitely missed having our friends around. It was so great to just sit around and do nothing together. I think that you know you are good friends with someone when you can do nothing together and its alright....you still have a good time. We went back to their place and had some dinner. Later on we watched a movie and then talked until we were too tired to move. It was fabulous but it was all too short. Thanks for the fun guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment